Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Time for a Cool Change


Whew! That was the longest birthday weekend ever. And it's not over yet. This week, the celebration continues with parties for different sets of friends, and celebrations with family. It's tiring but I don't really mind.


Today I begin a 3-week vacation from work. Not completely planned nor expected but appreciated nonetheless. I will finally have time to do the things I have put off for a very long time - like cleaning my room! Hahaha!

I will have time to do the bilins of my mom, who is in Japan working hard for the future of our family.

I will have time to write. Not just blogs but poetry, which I miss doing, really.

I will have time to do some spring cleaning, i.e. cleaning out all the material (and emotional) clutter that have accumulated from previous seasons. It is time to clean up. And move on!

I will have time to read.

I will have time for love. I will have time for friends. I will have time for family. I will have time for myself.

And I will have time for change.

2 comments:

  1. a cool change during the cool breeze... saaaaaaraaaap...

    well... having time for yourself and other "seemingly" neglected areas in your life would be the best gift to yourself....

    i can feel your excitement... don't you just wish it can stay this way for a lifetiime... but we gotta earn... earn.... and earn... hahaha!

    but for the brief time that you are spared from the complications of being hardworking, PRUE GRACIOUSLY BDS YOU THE BEST OF EVERY MOMENT... AND A MOST WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH TO THE WHITELIGHTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, prue! it is a wonderful albeit earth-shattering birthday month... and it's not over yet... waaaaaaah! i have gone through a whirlwind of emotions this month and it's exhausting... but i'm hoping to come out of this a changed and better man.

    great to know you're back on your feet. cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Chronicler's Creed

Where there's water and sun, where there are friends to see or new people to meet, where there's something new to learn, experience, or do, where there's life, there I will be.

LA POESÍA

Y fue a esa edad... Llegó la poesía
a buscarme. No sé, no sé de dónde
salió, de invierno o río.
No sé cómo ni cuándo,
no, no eran voces, no eran
palabras, ni silencio,
pero desde una calle me llamaba,
desde las ramas de la noche,
de pronto entre los otros,
entre fuegos violentos
o regresando solo,
allí estaba sin rostro
y me tocaba.

And it was at that age... Poetry arrived
in search of me. I do not know, I do not know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I do not know how or when,
no, they were not voices, they were not
words, nor silence,
but from a street I was summoned,
from the branches of night,
abruptly from the others,
among violent fires
or returning alone,
there I was without a face
and it touched me.

- An excerpt from LA POESÍA (Poetry) by Pablo Neruda