Tuesday, October 27, 2009

On Microblogging and Traveling

Haven't been doing a lot of blog writing recently because of work and the many other distractions of my life (read as love life). I have been able to squeeze in a few minutes here and there, though, to do microblogging.

Posting here selected tweets from my
Twitter account, which includes tweets about running (which I have been doing a lot lately), moving on from a break-up (with someone I sincerely loved), music and music writing, my love affair with the rain, and ironically, tweets about twin horrors, Ondoy and Pepeng.

The latest tweet expresses my strong urge to book me a ticket far from here.
As in really far from here. A sign that I'm ready to move forward? Or just me wanting to escape again? Hmmm.


Itching to travel.about 3 hours ago from web

Blind-sided is what you are when things you don't see coming at you actually hit you. Happens all the time in all places in all situations.5:16 AM Oct 26th from web

Sore (in a good way) and loving it.9:31 PM Oct 23rd from web

Upped intensity today. Maintaining it in the coming runs.9:50 PM Oct 21st from web

@BrentCorrigan we can't be bound by labels, we must all live free and be who we choose to be, can't let anyone stop you from evolving ;-)11:36 PM Oct 19th from web in reply to BrentCorrigan

Running and tweeting. Bad bad habit. LOL.7:47 AM Oct 19th from mobile web

You broke my sink, and my heart with it.5:17 PM Oct 18th from web

BLINDSIDED. There's a song title right there. Now for the music and lyrics.2:00 AM Oct 17th from web

Exhausted but can't sleep. Tried counting sheep but they all just end up staked onto the fence. How many more overweight sheep have to die?1:34 AM Oct 17th from web

Blind-sided. Again. Surprised? No. Seen too many twisted plots on TV it's hard to feign even mild surprise when it happens in real life.11:23 PM Oct 16th from web

I run to eat :-P2:43 AM Oct 16th from web

@annaisdanielle how does one get featured on amateur night, i sing, i play, and i have originals9:43 PM Oct 15th from mobile web

Out for a run.5:25 PM Oct 15th from mobile web

No time for losers 'cause we are the champions of the world!3:39 AM Oct 13th from web

I'm a risk taker, not a gambler.2:50 AM Oct 13th from web

I remember wanting so bad to be in on the adult issues when I was younger. What the hell was I thinking back then?11:06 PM Oct 11th from mobile web

Adulthood. Sigh.6:37 PM Oct 11th from mobile web

Aaaaah... runner's high.11:00 PM Oct 10th from mobile web

Does anybody still need delivery trucks to transport relief goods? There's a group that has two, and about 200 mountaineers ready to help.1:54 PM Oct 8th from mobile web

Runner's high :-)8:09 PM Oct 7th from mobile web

525,600 minutes. 525,600 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?5:23 AM Oct 7th from web

Gotta start sleeping at night.10:44 AM Oct 5th from mobile web

5PM: PEPENG has made landfall over East Coast of Cagayan and traversing Extreme North Luzon http://www.pagasa.dost.gov....5:53 PM Oct 3rd from web

Public storm signal #1 lifted from Metro Manila.Let's hope the rest of the country is spared http://www.pagasa.dost.gov....10:12 AM Oct 3rd from web

It's raining now. Here we go.4:55 PM Oct 2nd from web

Only 3PM and it's dark outside.3:18 PM Oct 2nd from web

Gotta remember to buy a flashlight and lots of batteries, and candles, and food, and water. Stay safe, friends. Big one coming.11:26 PM Oct 1st from web

Grim forecast about #pepeng http://bit.ly/OWMQQ - God be with us all.3:42 PM Oct 1st from web

will ace it, and will get it, and will do it! Onwards. Onwards. Onwards! No looking back.2:26 AM Oct 1st from web

Aaaaah... love the feel of wind on my face.9:25 PM Sep 30th from mobile web

@monicafrancesca darkest secret? I'm a closet heterosexual who's secretly in love with @annaisdanielle7:06 PM Sep 30th from mobile web

Running tonight, after work. Look forward, onwards. No looking back.3:00 PM Sep 30th from web

Looking at the road ahead. Onwards. Onwards. Onwards!4:33 AM Sep 30th from web

Push the action forward. Move the plot onwards. Onwards. Onwards. Onwards!7:49 AM Sep 27th from web

If others refuse to take action, I will.4:43 AM Sep 27th from web

Hope everyone's dry and warm.6:05 PM Sep 26th from web

Off to meet old friends from grade school. Onwards. Onwards. Onwards!6:40 PM Sep 25th from web

Grieving time is drawing to a close. Onwards. Onwards. Onwards!6:27 AM Sep 25th from web

Tonight's gonna be a good night. Tonight's gonna be a good, good night!10:34 PM Sep 24th from web

Just found out from a friend that my name, in kanji japanese script, means "love hunter." LOL. So painfully true! LOL.6:03 PM Sep 24th from web

Giving myself 'til Sunday to be done with all this grieving stuff.5:20 PM Sep 24th from web

wants to rest in peace.3:50 AM Sep 24th from web

Going out to drink. Alone if necessary.11:27 PM Sep 23rd from web

Loved, lost, and crying over it. Friends, save me from myself. On self-destruct mode.8:29 AM Sep 23rd from mobile web

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all - Alfred Lord Tennyson7:32 AM Sep 23rd from mobile web

@annaisdanielle single is sexy, therefore we are2:21 PM Sep 22nd from fring

Exhausted, but can't sleep.1:19 AM Sep 22nd from fring

@midee Are we that old? Lol. Now I wear a knee support when I engage in any physical activity! Lol.3:25 PM Sep 21st from web in reply to midee

Just met the most interesting person with the reddest, softest lips.9:15 AM Sep 21st from fring

I love the rain and I love to run. But will I love running in the rain?5:43 PM Sep 20th from fring

@midee For me running has become more than a fitness activity. It's therapy! LOL10:56 PM Sep 19th from web in reply to midee

Running clears my head.10:18 PM Sep 19th from web

Yes, I still think of you.2:23 PM Sep 19th from fring

is glad for the rain.2:29 PM Sep 16th from mobile web

is an acquired taste.6:04 AM Sep 11th from mobile web

needs change.3:19 AM Sep 10th from mobile web

wants to write a new song.9:55 PM Sep 9th from mobile web

Does anybody have the chords to Someone That I Used to Love?2:59 AM Sep 8th from mobile web

is growing up.2:01 AM Sep 8th from web

Sarado na ang tindahan.1:45 PM Sep 7th from web

is cutting his losses - closes shop with a heavy heart.11:19 PM Sep 6th from mobile web

But if by chance you think of me, remember me most sweetly. I loved you with all my heart. I loved you.6:00 AM Sep 6th from web

Gave it all I could ever give, but you didn't wanna believe. You know I've my life to live, and that's why I had to leave.5:54 AM Sep 6th from web

Ikaw ang hamog na humalik sa mga rosas, ang ilaw na bumasag sa dilim, ang umagang naghatid ng pag-asa at nagbigay liwanag sa 'king daigdig.5:39 AM Sep 6th from web

Crab and corn soup on a cold, rainy night. Mmm. Warms the tummy. And the heart.5:02 AM Sep 6th from mobile web

Ikaw ang laging laman ng isip, ang LSS na laging inaawit. Ikaw ang tonong sa puso'y nakaukit, ang himig na dala hanggang panaginip.4:04 AM Sep 6th from web

Sino ka ba? Excited na 'kong makilala ka. Ano'ng itsura mo? Ano ang hilig? Saan ka ba kinikilig?2:09 AM Sep 6th from web

I am alone on the shore of dreams, blowing cigarette smoke in streams, dusk sets on my love tonight, and I'm ready now to give up the fight.6:04 AM Sep 5th from web

If I had a minute for every hour that I wasted, I’d be rich in time - Jack Johnson, Broken (2006)4:00 AM Sep 3rd from web

supports The Philippine Red Party Project http://www.redparty.20fr.com/5:09 PM Aug 31st from web

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post, you have used Twitter and fring really well for messaging. Now everything is on the go fring, truphone, Vopium or Facebook is such kind of an apps which keeps live 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that note, maria. yup, you're right, everyone's connected 24/7 nowadays, and i think that's good. more room for interaction and socialization, which, i think are 2 things we as humans need more of these days.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Chronicler's Creed

Where there's water and sun, where there are friends to see or new people to meet, where there's something new to learn, experience, or do, where there's life, there I will be.

LA POESÍA

Y fue a esa edad... Llegó la poesía
a buscarme. No sé, no sé de dónde
salió, de invierno o río.
No sé cómo ni cuándo,
no, no eran voces, no eran
palabras, ni silencio,
pero desde una calle me llamaba,
desde las ramas de la noche,
de pronto entre los otros,
entre fuegos violentos
o regresando solo,
allí estaba sin rostro
y me tocaba.

And it was at that age... Poetry arrived
in search of me. I do not know, I do not know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I do not know how or when,
no, they were not voices, they were not
words, nor silence,
but from a street I was summoned,
from the branches of night,
abruptly from the others,
among violent fires
or returning alone,
there I was without a face
and it touched me.

- An excerpt from LA POESÍA (Poetry) by Pablo Neruda